34. BURNS NIGHT WHISKY SPECIAL TASTING & COCKTAIL MASTERCLASS
- 5 drams of Single Malt Scotch Whisky from the 5 whisky regions of Scotland
- Dram of Blended Scotch
- Ingredients to make 2 unique Stir Crazy Scotch Cocktails
- Flavour Map of scotland with whisky wheel
- We celebrate all things Scottish with an extended 1hr 15 mins tutored whisky Tasting & Cocktail masterclass.
Burns night special
Intro - Rabbie burns poem/song 'John Barleycorn' on whisky production Performed by renowned highland folk musician Doc Livingstone from the Isle of Skye
A reading of Rabbie Burns 'Ode to a haggis' By Dee Livingstone
pt1- What is Scotch?
A brief history of where scotch came from and the methods of production.
Pt 2 Tutored tasting of 5 the Whisky producing Regions of Scotland
6 drams of
- Blended Whisky Chivas Regal 12 yr
- Speyside Whisky - Cardhu Gold Reserve
- Lowland Whisky -Auchentoshan American Oak
- Highland Whisky – Ardmore Legacy
- Campbeltown Whisky - Glen Scocia Campbeltown Harbour
- Islay whisky - Bowmore 12yr
Pt 3 Cocktails with brief history behind inspiration of the drink
Whisky cocktail 1
'Highland Tropics' our tropical riff on the classic 'Bobby Burns' cocktail.
Johnnie Walker Black 12yr Blended Scotch Whisky & Lillet rose with acid adjusted Passionfruit and Yuzu Cordial, topped with Soda
Whisky cocktail 2
Monkey Shoulder and Glenfiddich 12yr whisky with creme de Cacao & a salted caramel & shortbread syrup with a short bread Crusta.
(requires egg - not supplied)
Recommended purchase for the night
'McSween Haggis Neeps & Tatties'